The lab is equipped with the GE Nanotom 180S micro-tomography device and additional computers and workstations used for scan reconstruction process and image analysis purposes.
Basic parameters of the CT device are:
- maximum resolution which could be achieved is 0.5 µm,
- maximum X-ray source voltage 180 kV,
- two materials for exit window may be used: tungsten or molybdenum,
- maximum size of scanned sample is ~10 cm in diameter and height,
- maximum weight of scanned sample 2 kg.
Sophisticated software for image analysis is available in the lab: VG Studio Max, Avizo and GE Datos package used for reconstruction purposes. We are using also free software: Fiji and Paraview.